About Brighthouse Strategic Consultants
John Gregg – Associate Consultant
Possessing a rare mix of strategy, leadership and implementation skills, honed through extensive public, private and NGO sector experience, John is a highly motivated and committed member of the Brighthouse team. He is focused on defining innovative and practical solutions to achieve measurable business results.
John brings to Brighthouse his outstanding strengths in economic analysis and implementation strategies for government and private sector projects.
John has more than two decades of national and international experience in the tourism sector including managing Wales Tourism, Tourism Victoria's "Jigsaw" campaign, Australia's marketing and communications in China and winning and subsequently managing the global Club Med Brand Communications account.
In a former role as Senior Consultant for the AEC Group, John led a wide variety of strategic consulting projects across Australia, including the Broome 10 Year Tourism Plan (Shire of Broome), social and economic impact analysis for the Perth Convention Bureau, the Stirling 10 Year tourism plan and cost benefit analysis and a strategic analysis of the Kimberley's attractions with the greatest long term development potential (Kimberley Development Commission).
John understands that a core component of all successful projects is extensive consultation across all stakeholder groups and stakeholder involvement in planning, development and implementation strategies including the staged rollout of strategies and accurate program costing and resourcing. He has a very inclusive and collaborative approach to client’s projects.
As Principal Economic Advisor to the WA Labor Party from 2010 – 2012 he was involved in:
- Reporting to the Leader of the Opposition and other shadow ministers and advising on policy development in the areas of state budgets, economic reform, industry development, infrastructure, innovation and workforce and training needs;
- Developing a China focused inbound tourism strategy for Tourism WA; which involved extensive consultations with key industry stakeholders in Western Australia and China; and
- Coordinating Labor’s response to the WA government's $AUS 24.6 billion 2012 -2013 WA State budget. He was also responsible for co-coordinating the budget reply and alternative budget in all ministries - health, education, housing, infrastructure, industry, energy and transport.
John’s educational attainments are:
Master of International Marketing, Curtin University
Master of Business Administration, Warwick University, UK
Graduate Diploma: Economics (Distinction), University of London, UK
Bachelor of Business: Marketing & French, ECU, Perth.
He has been granted several international awards including...
- 2007 Asian Marketing Effectiveness Awards – Best new product campaign – Volvo C30 APAC
- 2005 Asian Marketing Effectiveness Awards – Best Multi Media Campaign – Coca Cola China
- 2002 ESOMAR Most effective use of research techniques & methodology – Wales Tourism
- 1998 Asian Advertising Effectiveness Awards – Silver – Shell Advance Lubricants