According to an article in Scoop News following a Press Release by the Holiday Accommodation Parks Assn of NZ Holiday Parks offer great alternative venues for meetings, events and conferences:
Holiday Parks for Successful Events & Conferences Papamoa Beach NZ Conference Facility
Taking a break from business as usual to meet with fellow colleagues is a great way to share knowledge, inspire ideas and develop working relationships. The success of conferences and other such events, however, relies heavily on the setting. Bundled up in a dull boardroom people may struggle to think out of the square, but give them room to move and the sky’s the limit of what can be achieved.
That’s why you should consider a holiday park for your next conference or event. More than 50 New Zealand parks offer conference facilities – big and small, simple to sophisticated – plus all the services and genial atmosphere for a successful meeting. Holiday park conference venues offer:
- Spacious, natural surrounds. Founded on an enduring and much-loved tradition of Kiwi camping, most New Zealand holiday parks are large green spaces with mature trees, lawn and landscaped gardens.
- Relaxed, cheerful atmosphere. Designed for good times, holiday parks offer fresh air, sunshine and a laid-back vibe – the perfect recipe for blue-sky thinking.
- A bed for every budget. If you’re expecting retro-cabins with communal loos, think again. Modern holiday parks offer an enviable range of accommodation including apartments and executive motels.
- Leisure facilities. When it’s time to down tools, instant relaxation can be found in swimming pools and spas, barbecue areas and room for exercise or quiet time.
- Expertise in managing groups.Wrangle hordes of Kiwi holidaymakers in January, and you can pretty much handle anything. No matter how large or demanding your team, holiday parks will step up to the plate and deliver service with a smile.
- Terrific places for team-building. Usually located close to star visitor attractions and the great outdoors, holiday parks are in the thick of team-building territory. Push personal boundaries with a bungy jump or rafting trip, or reward the crew with a wine trail.
- Expert local knowledge. Holiday parks enjoy close links with local businesses and can hook you up with everything you need, quickly and efficiently – whether it’s activities, transport, a banquet meal or evening entertainment.
- Professional venues. Holiday parks’ conference facilities include meeting rooms and break-out spaces of various sizes and configurations, with natural light and air-conditioning, audio-visual equipment and black-out blinds, broadband wi-fi, catering kitchens, dining areas, outdoor social spaces and ample parking.
- Value for money. Holiday parks’ conferences are cost effective, with additional savings possible via self-catering opportunities and bonus services such as activity and entertainment bookings.
- Family-friendly options. Mix business with pleasure by bringing the loved ones along. They’ll find plenty to keep them occupied, and there’s always the option of tagging on a break at the beginning or end of a conference.
- Great locations, nationwide. More than 50 Holiday Parks Association members offer conference facilities, from Northland to Southland. Head to a resort such as Rotorua, Hanmer Springs or Queenstown, or a beachside location like Kaiteriteri or Papamoa. Most are within easy reach of regional airports, with some – such as McLean Falls in the Catlins or Lake Brunner near Greymouth – offering a remote getaway.
Holding your next conference or event in a New Zealand holiday park is bound to breathe life into your business and be plenty of fun to boot.
Check out some of these holiday parks’ conference facilities:
Papamoa Beach Resort, Bay of Plenty
Pacific Park Christian Holiday Camp, Papamoa, Bay of Plenty
Ohiwa Beach Holiday Park, Bay of Plenty
Gisborne Showgrounds Park Motor Camp, Gisborne
Rotorua Top 10 Holiday Park, Rotorua
Holdens Bay Holiday Park, Rotorua
All Seasons Kiwi Holiday Park & Motels, Taupo
Taupo Top 10 Holiday Resort, Taupo
Kennedy Park Resort, Napier
Mountain Valley, Te Pohue (Napier–Taupo Road)
Tahuna Beach Holiday Park, Nelson
Motueka Top 10 Holiday Park, Motueka
Bethany Park, Kaiteriteri
Blue Skies, Kaiapoi