Michelle brings a wealth of tourism, hospitality, events, project management, workforce development planning, and vocational education and training experience to the Brighthouse consultancy team and has an extensive network of State and Federal Government contacts and resources. Michelle holds qualifications in tourism, business marketing and training and assessment fields.
Latest Articles by Michelle
Originally commencing her career in front line tourism, hospitality and events roles, Michelle has utilised her working knowledge and skills in industry progressing to senior management, business development, sales and marketing, and project management positions that have enhanced the productivity, quality and capacity of industry operators at a local, regional and State level.
Previous employers include:
5 star hotels and resorts in Japan and Malaysia
New Esplanade Hotel
Joondalup Resort and Country Club
Yalgorup Eco Park
Hospitality Group Training
and FutureNow Creative and Leisure Industries Training Council.
Michelle’s energy and commitment to the growth and development of the tourism, lifestyle and associated industries in Western Australia ensures a high quality of service delivery and assured client confidence.
- Advanced Diploma of Tourism – Current (Recognition of Prior Learning) Central Institute
- Diploma of Business (Marketing) – West Coast Institute of Training
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – RTO Solutions
- Diploma of Caravan Park Management – West Coast Institute of Training
- Understanding Demographic Data – Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Introduction to Labour Statistics – Australian Bureau of Statistics
Member of judging panels for key industry Awards in Western Australia/National 2009 - 2012 including:
- WA Tourism Awards
- Australian Hotels Association (WA) Awards for Excellence
- WA Training Awards
- WA Curriculum Council VET in Schools Awards
- Clubs WA Awards for Excellence
- FutureNow Indigenous Tourism Ambassador Award 2011
- Worldskills VET in Schools Tourism Competition 2011
- and Gnunkai National Indigenous Tourism Awards 2011.
Member of Tourism, Hospitality and Events Industry Advisory Boards and Committees 2009 – 2012 including:
- Broome Tourism Employment Plan Committee 2012
- Challenger Institute of Technology
- Challenger Maritime College
- Polytechnic West
- West Coast Academy of Hospitality and Tourism;
- Young Australians Tourism Association
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry Tourism Committee (WA)
- and Food, Fibre and Timber Industries Training Council.
Member of the State Training Board WA Review Panel (2011) – State and National registration investigation (role as hospitality industry specialist). Received a Commendation from the WA Office of the State Training Board for project work completed for the successful proposal for the Establishment of a Patissier Apprenticeship in Western Australia.
Project work completed for FutureNow’s Workforce Development Planning – Creative and Leisure Industries, Western Australia: Tourism, Hospitality and Events Industries deemed ‘Best Practice Benchmark’ for Industry Training Councils in Western Australia by the WA Department of Training and Development, Community and Industry Planning Directorate.
Successfully gained State funding for the development and implementation of the FutureNow Hospitality Ambassador Pilot Program across Western Australia in 2012 - connecting secondary school students with the tourism, hospitality and events industries. Over 700 students and 150 VET coordinators have completed the innovative program to date in 2012.